A mother claims that lip fillers gave her ‘sausage lips’ so horrific that her friend vomited when she saw her.
The beautician reportedly reassured her that swelling was normal but hours after having the 1ml of filler, the mum-of-two had to be rushed to hospital to receive adrenaline, oxygen and steroids as she began to experience difficulties breathing.
The mom of two claims she feared she could have died during the botched procedure which she said left her looking like a ‘duck gone wrong.’
Christina is now sharing pictures of her ordeal to warn others of the potential allergic reactions people can have when getting lip fillers.
She hopes her story and experience will inspire others to do proper research before getting invasive cosmetic treatments.
Christina, from Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester, said: “They looked like sausages on my face, I looked like a duck gone wrong. My lips kept getting bigger and bigger and more painful.
“I thought my lips were going to explode, the pain was unreal.
“I couldn’t swallow anything. I tried taking antihistamines and painkillers to help with the swelling and I had an ice lolly to keep them cool but they just got out of control.
“As soon as they put the cream on I just knew something wasn’t right, my lips were tingling and felt like they were swelling up straight away.
“When you have numbing cream on, it does feel like it’s swollen because it’s numb. That time I just felt something wasn’t right – my lips were swelling straight away and I was in pain, which I never usually am.
“I looked in the mirror and saw they they were swollen, my throat was numb and I started struggling to swallow. The swelling was that bad it went up into my nose and it closed my throat and nose.
“I was struggling to breathe. When it got to that point I had to phone an ambulance.”
Christina said: “When they came to my house I couldn’t breathe, they had to give me a cannula straight away and two lots of adrenaline.
“That’s when it scared me. It’s a good job I didn’t go to sleep which is what I was planning to do, I worry I might not have woken up.
“The hospital nurses couldn’t believe how badly swollen my lips and the skin between my nose and lips were.
“The pain felt like they were going to explode, it felt like when something has its own pulse. I couldn’t open my mouth because my lips were that heavy, it was scary.”
After receiving a course of steroids, anti-inflammatories and antibiotics to take home Christina was discharged the following day at 6pm.
When Christina initially shared pictures of her allergy hell, friends and family thought she’d put a filter on them and laughed.
Christina said: “Everyone thought it was a Snapchat filter, I even FaceTimed my cousin who laughed at first because I looked like a duck.I couldn’t even talk it was that bad.”
Christina had the procedure done in September last year and is now sharing her ordeal to urge people to do their research before going under the needle.
She explained: “I won’t get fillers again. I’ve been tempted to get them done again but I’m just scared.
“I’ve gone to book it and cancelled it because the thought of going through that again… I just can’t, it’s not worth it. It could have killed me, who would explain that to my kids?
“I’m sharing my story in the hope that people are aware that allergic reactions can and do happen to anyone.
“I would say to anyone thinking of getting filler to make sure it’s with someone who’s fully qualified and has had proper training, you know what products they’re using and they’re insured.”
Help us spread awareness of the dangers and SHARE this post with your friends on Facebook.
Scroll Below To Read More Top Stories From Mynewsfeednow