Mom issues grave warning after son’s tongue swells and turns blue on visit to Grandma’s

As parents we never stop worrying about the safety of your children in this, unpredictable world which can be bitterly cruel. We can try our best to keep our children out of harm’s way, however it’s not always possible.

One mother, near Lancaster, England has issued a warning after her son needed emergency surgery to save his life, all over something as simple as a plastic bottle from the store.

Riley’s Wooff’s tongue got stuck and began to swell. When his mom, Clare, brought him to the hospital, where doctors informed her he might even die. Prior to the incident Riley had been visiting his grandmother.

Global Analytica@AnalyticaGlobal

Boy, six, nearly loses his tongue after getting it stuck in Sainsbury’s plastic water bottle https://trib.al/RvXZmf9 

Boy nearly loses his tongue after getting it stuck in water bottle

Clare Wooff, 33, from Carnforth, Lancaster, was driving to the shops on Saturday when her son began making muffled noises from the car’s back seat and shouting that his tongue was stuck.

dailymail.co.uk

See Global Analytica’s other Tweets

“She made him a drink and a packet of crisps for football,” Clare said. “She feels guilty now, but it wasn’t her fault at all.

“I heard a mumble and he started saying “mum! mum! I’ve got my tongue stuck! Since we thought it wasn’t anything major and we pulled over. I thought I’d get it out easily. I tried to undo the bottle top and see if we could get it free like that, but we couldn’t.

‘Riley was shouting “ring an ambulance!” All this time we didn’t think he was in danger, we felt a bit silly going into the hospital.”

It transpired, however, that Riley was in serious trouble.

We went in to A&E and a nurse couldn’t loosen it either,” Clare continued.

Riley was really upset and screaming. A doctor managed to get the bottle off, then it was just the lid stuck on his tongue. That was when it became frightening.

 Medical professionals struggled to remove the lid and he had to have it surgically removed - something doctors warn could have killed him

Doctors eventually managed to cut the bottle off, however the lid wouldn’t budge. That’s when they noticed a spout going down the back of his tongue, and so called a specialist.

Because the bottle was in the way, they were unable to get any tubes down his throat so a general anaesthetic was out of the question. There were fears he could stop breathing any minute and suffer cardiac arrest.

4575 on wing’s block list level traitor@graciegrann

Mum’s warning to parents after son ‘almost died’ from Sainsbury’s water bottle https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/mums-shock-warning-parents-after-18778585?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar 

Mum’s warning to parents after son ‘almost died’ from Sainsbury’s water bottle

Riley Wooff, six, needed a “life-saving operation” to free his tongue during the scary ordeal.

dailyrecord.co.uk

See 4575 on wing’s block list level traitor’s other Tweets

Clare relayed: “The surgeons said, “This is really serious. We need to warn you he could die”.

I thought how on earth could this happen from a water bottle? I was with my mum and we were just distraught.”

Thankfully once Riley was sedated they were able to remove the lid. The little boy spent a night in hospital until the swelling went down, but he may require further surgeries.

Clare added: “I don’t think he realised the severity of it. He’s enjoying running around the garden like nothing’s happened.”

Help us spread awareness and SHARE this post with your friends on Facebook.

Scroll Down To Read More Top Stories From Mynewsfeednow