The majority of parents have a constant concern about looking after their children’s health.
Darian Depreta was playing with her baby daughter, Bella, when she first noticed the huge circular mark. She tried to wipe it off but then took Bella to the doctors to find out what it was.
This mother became instantly concerned when she discovered an unusually large black mark on the roof of her baby’s mouth.
However, when Bella was examined by the GP he couldn’t find a cause for the mark, so he assumption that it was probably just a birthmark. Darian wasn’t satisfied with the doctor’s response.
Darian stated, “I’m now being told that my daughter will be set up with 2 specialists.”
After insisting that the spot on the roof of Bella’s mouth wasn’t a birthmark, the GP eventually decided to take a second look at the medical mystery.
“I point out it looks a little white on the side and she really gets in there trying to scrape it,” Darian said.
That’s when the mystery of the spot was solved, as it turned out to be a piece of cardboard box.
Although she felt relieved from worry, the mom of two was still embarrassed to be told by doctors that Bella had a chunk of cardboard stuck to the roof of her mouth after chewing on a box.
Darian added, “I can never show my face in that office again. I cried/laughed for a solid 5 minutes straight.”
She expressed the mix of emotions that she felt during the unlikely ordeal in a Facebook post.
“Darian wrote, “Yes she could have choked on it and I’m thanking God she did not. The only reason it was posted was because after crying, panicking, and trying to figure out what it was (the doctors didn’t even know), she was ok.”
Darian also added, “The laugh was the storm of it all. And I don’t ‘let’ my baby chew on cardboard. She’s teething and tries to chew on EVERYTHING.”
Darian then followed up further with, “She just so happened to find a box while I was loading the dishwasher, which I of course took off of her right away. I just didn’t realize a piece got stuck up there. I checker her mouth for small pieces right away.”
The dangers of teething children is something that any parent can understand, no matter how well one might keep an eye on them. Sounds like Darien did her best just like any other parent. Hopefully, little Bella won’t find any more cardboard boxes.
What do you think of this story? Have you had to deal with teething children? What’s the strangest thing you’ve found in your child’s mouth?
If you laughed at this story then please SHARE with your friends on Facebook.
Scroll Below To Read More Top Stories From Mynewsfeednow