Man ignores bite from ‘baby’ rattlesnake until this happens his finger

Some people might feel that a bite from a rattlesnake isn’t really a big deal.

However it was a huge issue for this gardener who ignored a rattlesnake bite while doing yard work that almost cost him a finger. Austin McGee said he’d never encountered the venomous creatures prior to last week’s encounter at his home in Franklin, Tennessee.

While picking up metal something bit him, but said the jab felt no more painful than a sting, so decided to ignore it. However McGee’s finger became swollen within days where he suffered a severe infection that he almost lost his finger.

McGee explains ‘It was just kind of a freak accident. Doctors drained McGee’s finger of blood, and say he should now make a full recovery (Picture: Fox17) ‘I honestly never thought that a rattlesnake bike wasn’t that big of a deal. ‘It progressively kept getting worse and then they popped it and it went back down and then the skin around it kept coming off. ‘It was like a throbbing, it was beating with my heart every time.’

Doctors believe McGee was bitten by a baby timber rattlesnake, they treated his wound by draining the blood that had filled his finger.

Bitten by rattlesnake

McGee says his experience should serve as a cautionary tale to others to take snake bites seriously urging others to seek treatment immediately if bitten by a snake.

He explained: ‘Just watch out, watch your step, and don’t pick stuff up unless you kick around it and look around it.’

Doctors drained McGee's finger of blood, and say he should now make a full recovery

Rattlesnake bites are highly venomous, but 99% of people bitten will make a full recovery if given anti venom within two hours of being attacked. messenger

McGee says his experience should serve as a cautionary tale to others to take snake bites seriously

His friend Dalton Dorris, who uploaded the pictures to Facebook, wrote: “I figured I would share with you guys the result of getting bitten in the finger by a baby rattlesnake. The doctors say he will keep his finger and it will be back to normal in 6-8 months.

“Keep this in mind next time you are in the woods. I know I have changed my mindset on not taking them seriously after seeing this. And no, he was not messing with it. He was picking up some metal and the snake was under the metal. He never knew it was there.”

Austin Mcgee

Help us spread awareness of the dangers and SHARE this post with your friends on Facebook.

Scroll Below To Read More Top Stories From Mynewsfeednow