If you experience symptoms like swelling, stiffiness and severe pain in the joints, you probably have a medical condition called Gout. It is more like a metabolic disorder which is caused by excessive acumulation of uric acid in the feet, especially near those tiny bones. Major cause of gout is the high amount of uric acid which is contained in the feet and it can cause hard crystals to be formed in your joints.
This condition usually appears due to excessive creation of waste or inneficient elimination of the same. Uric acid is a breakdown product of purines and it is a part of many foods.
Hyperuricemia or elevated levels of uric in blood are frequent in Gout condition, although people with hyperuricemia almost never develop gout.
Luckily, there are things that you can do by yourself to improve your helath condition, like changing your life-style and diet.
Your diet should be rich in vegetables and colorful fruits, seafood and lean meat, as well as whole unprocessed and unenriched grains. On the other hand you should definitely avoid foods high in saturated fats, alcohol, processed sugars such as high-fructose corn syrup etc.
Keep the body hydrated at all times by drinking a lot of water since it helps to eliminate toxins and the overload of uric acid.
Beside water, you can consume natural juices (no added sugar); herbal teas ( only honey as a sweetener); and fruit infused water to keep your body hydrated. It is of great importance to reduce stress as much as you can with easy physical routines or activities.
Here are some natural tonics in the case of gout:
- Lemon water can help because the organism should contain more alkaline than acidic in order to prevent gout among many other health conditions, and the lemon water increses the alkalinity of the body. It also prevents formation of uric and acid crystals. You shoul squeeze a lemon into 200 ml of warm water and drink it every morning on an empty stomach.
- Baking soda is considered to be an effective prophylaxis candidate for reducing uric acid in the body. It is simple to prepre, you just need to take a glass of water and add a half a teaspoon in it. Stir the mixture and drink it on dailt basis. In a case of current goat attack, use a whole teaspoon.
- Apple cider vinegar is simmilar to lemon since it increases body alkalinity. It contains malic acid which proved to be effective in the disintegration of uric acid in discarding it from the body. In 200ml of water, add one tablespoon of ACV and drink it before lunch and dinner on daily basis.
Here are some of the best foods to eat in order to prevent or treat gout:
- Flaxseed can reduce serum uric acid of subjects thanks to its incredible beneficial properties.
- Curcumin it is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent, it has a role in renal protection and it is contained in trumeric.
- Bromelain, found in pineapples, provides analgesic effects due to its anti-inflammatory properties.